Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DCE 2010: Gamers, cosplayers and local nerds, UNITE!

So once again, its that time of the year for the annual Davao Cyber Expo. This yearly event (which me and my friends look forward to) is a mecca for geekery, gaming and good old fun.

There definitely wasn't this many people last year.

For those of you not familiar with the DCE, think of it as a watered-down version of the aged whiskey that is San Diego Comic Con. Well, sort of.

Yes, Davao style. The DOTA tournaments are definitely original as I don't know if there are other events in the Philippines exactly like this one. 

Lester Avila and his team really pulled through this year and made this 3 day event possible with the help of SM Malls and Intel and of course, Blinque Tech. You wouldn't believe the things that happen in Blinque cafe, stuff of legends.

The Intel Booth. Reminding us always of how obsolete our rigs are.

Anyway, me and my friends were all really looking forward to the DCE- Dota Competition. We never win but we participate anyway. I guess its just for the love of the game. I noticed they had some pretty nice PCs set up for the tournament, I think that says a lot about Intel. DCE is a pretty big event in Davao but they really helped get the event off the ground.

And behold, a gamer's wet dream.

Gotta do our rounds, hot chicks in cosplay await. Will blog more after the event. But first, more pictures.

Not the hot chicks I was talking about earlier but I admire their guts.

What a bunch of hooligans. Priceless. Their parents must be proud.

No wonder I look forward to this event every year. Thank you DCE for giving us 3 nerdtastic days where we can all dress up and reunite with kindred souls.

BRB. Looking for Shinigami uniform. LOL.

No, I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment